Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Update on Inquiry

I've been inquiring into writing and action and how they are related and how to provide authentic opportunities for student action that uses writing as the vehicle.  Its like the chicken and the egg, what came first, action or inquiry, can these be separated, can you have one without the other, or should you...My inquiry into inquiry (based instruction and teaching through inquiry in the classroom) is related to student action and the action cycle of choose, act, and reflect.  I want to demo these ideas and engage SI participants in an analysis of actions through inquiry as it connects to writing.  I've set up a presentation on google docs which is exciting and hope to use online comments for feedback.  Today I searched on twitter for #studentaction and only found 2 sources so now I'm following them on twitter.  I also found a PhD student with a related blog on my inquiry and so now I'm following him too.  This has been fun, energizing, with a lot of buzz in the room, except when tech issues slow me down, then I'll go back to plogging...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm - maybe you can start tweeting about your project with that hashtag . . . pull some conversation out of the internets ; )

    ReplyDelete