Poetry...moving...an experience...images and imagery...themes of survival, encouragement, power in words, humor, making the common uncommon, choosing words thoughtfully, interpreting, freedom of interpretation...I chose
A Psalm of Life by Longfellow. I've always enjoyed the comfort found in reading Psalms, the poetry, and upliftedness. Life is short, don't give up...
I liked the poem you chose for today and I applaud you for getting it together in such a short time. I found that time was not my friend all day today as I tried to combine poem and picture and finally gave up.
ReplyDeleteWe do find that life is short--shorter than we really realize--and precious, every golden drop.
The poetry gallery crawl was an awesome experience. I really appreciated experiencing favorite poems of other SIers. Some where very fun and light hearted, others more serious or thoughtful. Each represented the diversity we see here in this group.
ReplyDeleteI too enjoyed the gallery crawl using poetry. As you know, poetry is something I am trying to expand in my writing and in my classroom. This was a great way to help me see so many different examples.
ReplyDeleteSo true Mary...life is short...being here with you and the rest of the SI'ers for the past 12 days has shown me that even though our lives may gravitate towards HUGE PROJECTS that CONSUME most of our waking day...it's these "side-trips" that breath life back into the projects we care most about. Thank you for contributing to this realization!!
ReplyDeletewow, Mary. I can feel the calm and movement of the experience of poetry sweeping over me as I read your post... poetic about poetics :)
ReplyDelete