Saturday, July 14, 2012

An Inquiry on Inquiry

So my inquiry is leading me into further inquiries (is this action?).  My demo brought up lots of thought provoking questions - thanks SIers for your critical thinking and participation!! I'm beginning to look at everything with a critical eye.  Reflecting on my practice and asking questions:  How can I make this better, more authentic, more engaging, more meaningful?  How can action be more student led, all inclusive, focused on common issues in which everyone can participate, without continuing to create a separation between classes?  What is the balance between too much and not enough?  If anyone has some answers, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your demo in class, and it made me think a lot about how we can involve our students in becoming active members our community. You showed how students don't have to be of a certain age to make a difference. I would like to find a way to make these community projects become student led instead of the ideas or the "push" coming from the teachers. How have you all been able to do this?

    ReplyDelete